My Typical Clients:
- Have rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, reactive arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, or ankylosing spondylitis;
- Prefer not to go on arthritis drugs at all or are unhappy with arthritis drugs because they
- Still have pain, fatigue, and ongoing joint damage and/or
- Have unacceptable side effects from arthritis drugs such as hair falling out, internal organ damage, catching too many colds, etc.
- Want not just to suppress symptoms (which is all arthritis drugs do) but heal the underlying causes of arthritis so that drugs are no longer necessary; and/or
- Have been told by a medical doctor that “nothing more can be done.”
Clients Who Do Best Under my Coaching:
- Don’t want to rely on unnecessary drugs and medical intervention for the rest of their lives
- Are interested in discovering the underlying cause of their problems, rather than just suppressing them
- Are willing to heal on each level that might be necessary: physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually
- Are motivated to play an active role in their own healing process
- And, are willing to make the necessary dietary and lifestyle changes to support their health and well-being.
Improvements that are Possible:
It is common to achieve significant or total control of inflammation, as measured by typical medical testing such as sedimentation rate and measure of c-reactive protein (crp), using the treatments I recommend. Once inflammation is under control, over the course of 6 months to 2 years, with strict adherence to protocols, it is usually possible to heal the immune and digestive systems to the extent that between 50-90% of your former trigger foods and substances will no longer trigger inflammation.
Once inflammation is under control, it is possible to experience minor healing of damaged joints. It is not generally possible to heal most of the joint damage that has already occurred, especially if you have severe joint damage. However, it is generally possible to stop or greatly slow additional joint damage and the pain and fatigue that result from ongoing inflammation.
I am a “health coach”.
How do I Work with Clients?
I coach people through the body/mind healing process. Arthritis is a complex disease. Together, we discover your unique set of underlying causes of arthritis. With guidance, you systematically remove enough of those underlying causes so that your body returns to health.
We start first with the physical body. I help you test for the exact food and chemical triggers that are triggering your inflammation. Then I coach you through the often tricky process of eliminating these triggers long enough for your immune system to heal. For about 50% of my clients, this is all that is needed for them to heal.
If you are someone who has a more complex set of underlying causes, together we explore if there might be any blocks on an emotional, mental and/or spiritual level. Don’t worry if you aren’t currently aware of any of these blocks. These blocks are usually initially deeply unconscious. However, there are ways to gently identify and release these blocks so that deep and lasting healing can occur.
What is My Coaching Philosophy?
- I am not a physician.
- I do not have any sort of medical license.
- I do not diagnose.
- I do not prescribe.
- I do not treat.
I highly recommend that you use the services of a medical doctor or well trained alternative medical practitioner for these services. You need and deserve the best that can be provided by traditionally trained medical doctors (especially an accurate diagnosis), yet this alone is usually not enough.
I am a highly educated lay person who researched and implemented my own personal cure for arthritis
and who coaches people through the same process that helped me and has helped countless others with arthritis. As long as I only did what my traditionally trained medical practitioners told me to do, my arthritis got worse. It wasn’t until I started using the healing methods that are detailed in my book Conquering Arthritis
, that I began to heal.
The reason I provide the coaching I do is that, for now at least, these methods are still not yet part of the care provided by conventionally trained medical doctors, yet they are the key to long and lasting healing for many people with arthritis.
The model of arthritis treatment that I advocate is one you implement for yourself
and one that sees arthritis as a psychosomatic disease. This does NOT mean arthritis is all in your head! This means that the body (soma) effects the psyche (emotions, mind and spirit) and that the psyche effects the body.
The underlying causes of arthritis will always be expressed physically (in the soma) and to heal arthritis it is absolutely mandatory to address underlying physical causes. In addition, in my experience, the people who heal most deeply and lastingly are also willing to heal any emotional, mental or spiritual issues that are also contributing to the physical manifestation of the disease.
Because one of the physical underlying causes of arthritis is leaky gut syndrome, which is often caused by psychological stress, it is easy to see how lasting healing of the gut can often require the release of certain deeply engrained, often unconscious, physically damaging emotional, mental and spiritual patterns. These damaging patterns can be summed up as patterns held within the psyche that are stressful enough to lead to physical damage.
The treatment system I advocate you use is part of a larger system call “functional” or “systems” medicine. Functional medicine is neither conventional nor alternative medicine. It’s a combination of the best elements of both, and it represents the future of medicine.